Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Paradise Now


What goes through the minds of a Palestinian suicide bomber? The movie, Paradise Now, attempts to tell that story. Do these men have consciousness? It is the other side of the news story. Do I think it is right? No. Do I understand a little better about what leads to this kind of violence? Yeah. This Israel/Palestine debate is stupid...in the sense that it needs to end. It is disgraceful how these Palestinians have to live. Why can't there be a better solution?

We have got to find a solution to this problem. The status quo ain't cutting it. This movie is a good dialogue starter.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, this movie does create dialogue, but the conflict has been going on for soooo long. I wonder how many more movies, books, youtube clips, songs, poems etc etc there need to be created, published, and seen before this, as you said, "stupid" conflict will finally see and end!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! What's going on is not right. It's kind of frustrating how much there is in the world that needs to be un-done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that as I learn more and more about the actual situation that is going on over there, I get more frustrated every time I read or watch something else. Somehow they are going to have to settle these differences before both populations no longer exist. No one should have to live the way they do and something has to be done about it.

    ReplyDelete